|ABC Awards Code||C9967-04|
|Total Qualification Time||180|
The qualification is for qualified veterinary nurses and provides learners with the combined knowledge of the nutritional management of the domestic pet cat and dog and can be offered as part of Continuing Professional Development programme CPD.
The Level 4 Certificate in Canine and Feline Veterinary Health Nutrition covers the following mandatory topics:
• Anatomy and Physiology of the Canine and Feline Digestive Tract
• Canine and Feline Clinical Nutrition: Major Body Systems and Critical Care
• Canine and Feline Diet Types and Feeding Regimes
• Essentials of Canine and Feline Nutrition
• Principles of Canine and Feline Clinical Nutrition
• Principles of Canine and Feline Lifestage Nutrition
This is a stand-alone qualification that is designed to form part of the annual 100 hours mandatory CPD of a qualified veterinary nurse.