|ABC Awards Code||A9951-03|
|Total Qualification Time||120|
The qualification is particularly targeted at those learners who:
• are working as a Veterinary Nurse in General Practice
• wish to further develop their existing knowledge and understanding of feline and canine behaviour management
• want a national qualification in recognition of their learning
• wish to work in a variety of roles and settings
This qualification comprises of the following four mandatory units:
• Canine Veterinary Practice Principles
• Feline Veterinary Practice Principles
• Tackling Canine Behaviour Problems in the Veterinary Practice
• Understanding Feline Behaviour and its Relevance in Veterinary Practice
These units aim to develop a Veterinary Nurses combined knowledge of behavioural management in both cats and dogs.
This qualification may be included as part of a qualified Veterinary Nurses annual 100 hours of mandatory Continuing Professional Development training.